Odds of Winning at American Roulette
It is one of the most popular games of chance in casinos, mainly in the United States, and especially in Las Vegas, where it is a real attraction.
We are talking about American roulette which, as in all the other modalities, aims at guessing the number on which the ball is going to stop.
The difference with European or French roulette is that there are 38 squares where the ball can land.
On Casinoble South Africa we tell you what the odds of American roulette are.
Characteristics of American Roulette
We have a roulette wheel with 38 numbers (from 1 to 36 red and black, 0 and 00 green).
Its layout also differs from that of the European roulette or French roulette.
In American roulette, the 0 and 00 are opposite each other, the 1 is opposite the 2, the 3 is opposite the 4… and the reds are opposite the blacks.
This arrangement means that an even number has an odd number in front of it.
This game, despite having more variants and, therefore, being theoretically more difficult for the player, has several betting possibilities.
They make a game very interesting, allowing us to risk depending on what we are willing to win or lose.
Bets and Odds in American Roulette
There are many bets in American roulette.
Here are some of the most common ones:
- One Number: this is the most classic bet.
- You bet on a single number by placing the chip on the square of the number in question.
- It pays 35 to 1, and the winning percentage is 2.63%.
- Split Bet: you bet on two numbers on the same line, either horizontally or vertically.
- The chip is placed on the line dividing the selected squares.
- It pays 17 to 1, and the winning percentage is 5.26%.
- Cross Bet: it is a bet on three numbers forming a vertical line.
- The chips are placed at the end of the lines of these squares.
- It pays 11 to 1, and the winning percentage is 7.89%.
- Bet on the Column: bet on 12 numbers that make up one of the three horizontal lines.
- The chip is placed on the left side of the roulette table.
- It pays 2 to 1, and the winning percentage is 31.57%.
Where to Play American Roulette
If you want to play American roulette in a physical casino, you will most likely have to travel to the United States.
A trip to Las Vegas would be an excellent option because they are a phenomenon here.
In the rest of the world, French and European roulettes dominate almost the entire market.
However, American roulette is a regular in ZA online casinos.
You already know what the odds of American roulette and its differences with other modalities are.
Do you want to play roulette online?
Casinoble ZA gives you this opportunity without leaving your couch.